Dear Ferrisente,
I'm back!!
---- Gary turned around in delight. "You're back!" he declared.
"So are you!" said Angeline.
"I've always been here," said Gary.
"You're back to me," said Angeline.
[From Someday Angeline by Louis Sachar] ----
Yes, I have a new typewrite ribbon! I am so glad to have my typewriter back. Now you can again read my rambling. Exciting, non?
I have other things I should be doing... but my typewriter looked much more attractive than my other mundane tasks.
The other day I was at a friend's house and she and her sister have the most gorgeous dollhouse! It has staircases, doors, windows, shingles on the roof, mirrors on the wall! Unfurnished at the moment, but still beautiful.
It was made by their grandfather! Actually he made it for their aunt's daughters. The thing is, their aunt never had any daughters: only sons. So, sadly my friend finally got it this year. She is in her very late teens and her sister is in her early teens. One can still enjoy a dollhouse at that age, but not as much as one could when one is younger. Thus is life, I suppose.
I love dollhouses so much. I wish I could live in one. Not my own though, it has no stairs, haha!
My dad made mine. Though it is not as fancy as most, it does quite well for me and I am very fond of it.
I wish I were an old, grandmotherly lady. Rich, too.
I would collect all sizes of dollhouses and furnish them. I'd sew for the dolls and have tea parties. Making sure to invite along several little girls. Proper little girls who wear dresses and believe that dolls come alive. That's the kind of little girl I was. I don't think that breed shall ever completely die out, no matter how depraved the world gets.
Alright, I'm done rambling for now!
I hope you had a joyous Christmas, Ferrisente!
Love,
Me
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment